Ancient Wisdom – Modern Application
The Bujinkan system is comprised of nine different traditional Japanese martial art schools:
- Togakure Ryu Ninpo
- Gyokko Ryu Koshijutsu
- Kuki Shinden Ryu Happo Hiken
- Koto Ryu Koppojutsu
- Gikan Ryu Koppo
- Shinden Fudo Ryu Dakentaijutsu
- Gyokushin Ryu Ninpo
- Kumogakure Ryu Ninjutsu
- Takagi Yoshin Ryu Jutaijutsu
Each of the above schools includes: striking, kicking, grappling, escaping, and weapons systems. Bujinkan martial arts are not sport martial arts, so there are no formal competitions or tournaments. Ranks are awarded when the student demonstrates competency and an appropriate level of commitment.
Bujinkan Martial Arts is an international martial arts organisation which is based in Japan. It is a combination of nine traditional Japanese martial art styles which date back over 900 years. It is said that Bujinkan was developed by both Ninja and Samurai fighters who developed it into a powerful form of self-defense rather than a sport with rules and regulations. However, Combat Sports have seen a rise in popularity; there are rules and regulations to follow, and contestants can win by scoring more points than his/her opponent in a controlled environment. With the sport encompassing a number of self-defense martial arts, people are getting more and more involved. OR As self-defense martial arts are a large part of combat sports they have contributed to the growth or the sport. It has become such a great spectator sport that even sportsbook are now offering online betting odds for the sport.
Training is For
- Acquiring the capability of defending self and others
- Maintaining a compassionate attitude toward others
- Cultivating a natural lifestyle
- Junan Taiso conditioning and flexibility exercises
- Ukemi injury prevention
- San shin no kata exercises for developing a strong body and clear spirit
- Kihon Happo fighting scenarios
- Kata advanced fighting scenarios from the different ryu-ha
- Henka fight variations
- Budogu martial art fighting tools:
bojutsu stick-fighting (including, hanbo, jo, rokushakubo, yari, and naginata/bisento)
tantojutsu and kenjutsu blade-fighting
kusari-fundojutsu flexible weapons-fighting
START TRAINING TODAY!
Sunday at 1 pm in Hainesport Park located at Hainesport Municpal Center on Marne Highway
Cost: $20 per class
Contact Jon at (609) 556-8712 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register today.