You know you should workout on a consistent basis, but sometimes the motivation just isn’t there. Here’s a quick primer on how to set yourself up for success.
1) Have a Goal.
2) Follow a Program. It’s much easier to do the work if you know in advance exactly what you are supposed to be doing for each training session and how it is progressing you towards your main goal. Remember – random exercise leads to random results!
3) Make Training Your Default Status. Read THIS if you want to know whether or not to train when sick or injured.
4) Commit to it. Decide beforehand that you ARE going to train. There is no “maybe”…
5) Have a Pre-Workout Ritual. This will get you in state.
To give you an idea of what a pre-workout ritual looks like here’s mine. Feel free to model or copy it outright, whatever works to get you training!!
My Pre-Workout Ritual
1) Get into my workout shorts and t-shirt (yes, I wash them…)
2) Take Hercules Pre-Workout Formula. The niacin delivery vehicle makes sure you feel the rush of the powerful herbs!
3) Crank up workout music. Currently my music anchor is Sabaton’s Carolus Rex album.
4) Stand tall, breathe deep, walk powerfully. Visualize yourself performing the workout. This, along with the Hercules Formula, gets my energy building and heart pumping.
5) Perform my general movement preparation, IE – joint mobility work and resistance band exercises.
6) DO THE WORK!!
I hope this is helpful. Please drop a comment and let me know if you have any questions!